Sunday, March 31, 2013

Retracing footsteps

I feel like I've fallen into a slump these last couple of weeks. It's one of those times when everything you do feels completely meaningless and you have no idea why you do anything you do. Right now I don't really feel like doing anything other than lying around and playing games or reading books, or maybe travelling a bit. But life goes on as it always does, I suppose, and I have to find a way to roll with it regardless. 

I was going to apply for the portfolio review this semester and I spent a while over this break putting things together, but I decided to put it off until next semester. I feel like I didn't do enough extracurricular explorations of my own and that I don't have enough things to put in. Hopefully by summer, I'll have restored my urge to work again, but honestly, the sooner it comes back, the better. ;w; 

Sometimes looking at old things that I like helps. Here's some stuff from the last couple of semesters -- mostly figure drawings -- that I was fairly happy with. The last one is a self-portrait in gouache that I never got around to finishing. 











No comments:

Post a Comment